Sunday, December 29, 2013

Summer garden



The madness of Christmas has subsided and my garden was in desperate need of some tlc. My tomato, zucchini, bean and cucumber seedlings were growing nicely as the weather has been warmer. However, they were slowly being taken over by weeds!

Today was a mild morning so it wasn't too hot to spend a couple of hours weeding. I dread weeding but the end result is always worth it and my plants will reward me later with summer veg:-) 

I also visited the nursery later and bought some more seedlings ( eggplant, chilli, capsicum, more herbs and beans ), and some sugar cane mulch to try and keep those weeds away!

Let's see how long it is before harvest!




2 comments:

  1. Well done Jadey! Can't wait to see how the eggplant and capsicum turn out, yum! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here! They are two things I've never grown before.

    ReplyDelete