Saturday, January 11, 2014

Home again


I've been away with my family for just under a week for some much needed rest and relaxation. As the holiday started to come to a close I started to think about my garden. The weather had been quite hot back home and it wasn't receiving the regular watering that it would had id been home to look after it. I was wondering....
Is everything still alive?
Is anything ready for harvesting?

How much weeding will need to be done?
Did my seeds germinate?
What will I plant next?

Much to my delight I found some things to harvest tomorrow, 2 young zucchinis and some beans.
Lots of flowers on my tomato, cucumber and zucchini plants so many more to harvest later.
Lettuce and corn seeds have germinated.
Some wilted leaves...many many weeds! But no dead plants:-)

I'm happy to be home, my kids are happy to be home back to their creature comforts, hubby's happy to have another week to wind down at home before going back to work.

Yes there are mountains of laundry to be washed, then folded and put away...meals to be planned, groceries to be bought, meals to be cooked...hems to be taken up, name labels to be ironed onto uniforms and the lists goes on and on with no end. The truth is, it isn't all that bad, it's part of my home, my family, my life that I wouldn't trade for any other.

2014 brings a new baby into our family....more washing, more nappies, more crying, more sleepless nights but most of all more love and joy into our home
:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment