Monday, January 20, 2014

A good quiche recipe

For the past probably 10 years I have been cooking this quiche recipe time and time again with much success. A version of it began from my mum but this is my adjusted version that I wish to share with you.

You will need.
1 sheet of short crust pastry
Butter or oil for greasing
1 brown onion finely chopped
8 rashes of shortcut bacon finely sliced
1 packet of frozen pastry thawed and excess water drained
6 eggs
250ml of thickened cream
Good handful of cheese of your choice. I normally just use tasty
Salt and pepper

How to make it.
Preheat your oven to 180 degrees while you thaw out the pastry.

Fry off your onion and bacon until it's golden and set aside to cool. Meanwhile, pop you thawed pastry in your dish and put it in the oven to blind bake.
Mix together your eggs and milk in a bowl.
Once your pastry case is baked  and cool it's time to assemble.
Start by a layer of the onion and bacon.
Next step is the add your layer of spinach, then cheese. Today I used feta only because I had some left over. If I was using my usual grated tasty cheese then I would add this last. It really doesn't matter!
Finally add your cream and egg mixture and even it out as best as possible. Mine clearly isn't perfect. Who really cares!
Pop it in the oven for at least 45 minutes. Today mine took and hour. Just keep checking until it's golden brown on top, has risen and a knife comes out clean when put in the centre.
This was my finished product today. Enjoy!
Ps. If you would like your mixture to be firmer you can whisk in about a tablespoon of plain flour with the egg and cream mix and that will firm it up. Sometimes I do it and sometimes I don't. I just forgot today but I'm sure it still tastes good!









No comments:

Post a Comment