Friday, May 31, 2013

Green smoothie recipe

For those of you just trying out ' green smoothies' the hardest part can be figuring out how to make one that is palatable! When I started making these I was adding far too much green and was therefore forcing myself to drink it as it didn't taste great! I'm now adding more fruit with less greens and they taste much better:-) as my taste buds adjust, ill add more greens. For the beginners out there, give this ago. This serves 1.
1/2 cup water
1 large silverbeet leaf
1 lime, pith removed
1 apple
Handful of frozen blueberries.
Wizz it all around in a blender until smooth and drink straight away.
As you can see it's not really 'green'. It was before I added blue berries. My 4 year old watched all the ingredients go in and even she polished it off. Can't be that bad!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jadey! To get a good 'green' appearance (and yummy taste), I found 1 leaf each of kale, cos lettuce and silverbeet (optional), with a handful of baby spinach is really good. Then mix with one green apple, juice of 1 lemon, banana (bananas help improve the taste immensely!)and 1 cup coconut water. I sprinkle in chia seeds or LSA mix for a bit of extra protein. Pretty yum :)

    I use the berries more in a milk smootie - like 1 cup almond milk, LSA mix or Chia seeds, with berries; or banana and cinnamon :) - Sam xx

    ReplyDelete