Saturday, January 25, 2014

A great day, Australia Day

Australia Day is not a day that I normally celebrate and not for any particular reason. The only one I can think of is that my husband normally works, other than that I can't think why. Today was a great day because:


  • I slept in
  • Everyone was home
  • I had no where to be
  • I watched my girls ride their bikes
  • We walked to the playground
  • I made lamingtons with my girls
  • We made a huge mess and I didn't care
  • I didn't worry about what had to be done
  • Time got away from me
  • I made homemade mayonnaise 
  • I made potato salad
  • We had a delicious BBQ for lunch
  • There were so many left overs that I didn't have to think about dinner
  • The sun was shining
  • The girls were splashing in their little pool
A cheats lamingtons
Making  a mess
Homemade mayonnaise
Potato salad




















It's days like this that I wish came along more often. It was a day that kind of felt like Christmas Day but probably better. We had nowhere to be, no one to please. The kids were so excited about making lamingtons instead of what presents they would receive. Unlike Christmas, I didn't feel exhausted at the end of it; it was a slow day. I felt relaxed and refreshed to begin another school year. I hope you had a great day too :-) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment