Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Green Smoothie Recipe #2

So it's 3.30pm on a raining Wednesday afternoon in Melbourne and I have intentions of going to a yoga class later on. All you yogis out there know that it is best not eat for a few hours before your class. This often means that I don't eat dinner with my family and will eat dinner after my yoga class, usually at about 9pm. So that means that my last proper meal is usually at about 1pm. It's always best to have something nutritious as your last meal so I decided to whip up a green smoothie...and this one is actually green! :)

Recipe:
1 large celery stalk..leaves and all
2 large cos lettuce leaves
1 small apple...core and all
1 banana
juice of 1 small lemon
half a cup of water

Whizz it all up in a blender and consume straight away! This is enough for 1. If you're going to give this ago, I suggest maybe only adding the juice of half a lemon...it was a bit tangy but still delicious!

1 comment: