Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Knitting Dish Cloths

My dear grandmother is very unwell with lung cancer at the moment. Recently I've been reflecting on my life with her and everything she has taught me. One skill that she taught me as a young girl was knitting, such a valuable skill that has remained with me all my life.

I'm a frugal mum who is always looking for a new way to save money for my family and help the environment. Rhonda Hetzel at Down to Earth is an inspiration and has many many ideas on how we can make our lives simpler and more sustainable. One of her suggestions is to stop buying things that we throw out like sponges, chux wipes, papers towel..all the things i HATE spending money on. All those items can be replaced by knitting your own dish cloths :)They are knitted with 100% cotton and will last about 5 years. So off to Spotlight I went, bought some cotton and knitted away....If you'd read more about knitting dish cloths on Rhonda's blog, click here.

My first dish cloth



No comments:

Post a Comment